Thursday, April 3, 2008
Life's changes
It's a beautiful sunny day. I pull up to get gas, get out and notice loud music playing but not the thump thump variety. This is 80s music that I recognize. The car it's coming from is right next to me and it's a cute little convertible. I see that it is two girls, young, blonded, clad in teeny bikinis and headed to the beach. As the one girl comes out of the store with cold drinks, she says let's get on the road all excited. You can tell their day was going to be filled with sun and fun. I was taken back 15-20 (!!!) years and that was me with a friend headed to the beach (though my torso was never bikiniable)... care free sunning, no worries of sunburns, strangers, sand in the car or the seconds passing by like the wind. Then....knock, knock, knock MOM!!!! and I'm brought quickly back to today's spring break. I get into the driver's seat of my mini van and head off to Chuck E. Cheese, hand Hannah her lukewarm milk, while I listen to my kid's fight over which song they want to hear for the 15,000th time from their favorite CD. A day ahead of us filled with sobs, shrieks, smiles, and the best hugs and laughter known to mankind. I wouldn't chang places for the world...not permanently anyway :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love you jenn!
Post a Comment