Sunday, March 30, 2008

Out of the mouths

of Cole and Laura..

okay justLaura I can't remember Cole's but I know it was a doozy so as soon as I remember it I'm putting it on here.

I was carrying Laura to bed tonight and she was pretty tired and she said Mom, I love you forever and I told her the same. Then she said mom I don't want to grow up, she's said this before and she's pretty serious about this. She continued I don't want to grow up and move away and have a baby. I try to explain that this will take some time and that she doesn't have to do those things if she doesn't want to...I'm not sure what else to say. I want to say you will be dying to leave long before you're able to but I'm pretty sure that was worsen the situation. Then she said...Cole will grow up before I will and I agreed, she said that's good because he's very nice to me. My heart was melting all over the place. She's always been so independent so things like this catch me off guard.

Today we were going to someone's house after church, that's right last minute visiting teaching and the kids were going with me and Laura asked if the person we were going to see, would be home and I said yes she left right after church. Laura was so surprised, her questions where..."she left right after church?!! She went straight to her car?!! She didn't do any talking?!!" I guess we've been talking more than I thought we were.

And Hannah's brilliant quip was last week when she said her first sentence "Bye Mama" :)

No comments: