Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kidnapped!

These two children were taken from their school with a surprise visit to the library (to kill time). Also wondering why their little sister got to stay at GRandma's and they didn't. Then they were blindfolded and told no secrets could be revealed of their destination(s). As the evidence above proves they were miserable, begging, giddy, itchy (Laura), restless, dying to know their location. They are finally able to exit the van and hear a familiar sound and ask if it's daddy (the hard to disguise sound of the yoda) and I tell them it's a motorcyle. We enter a door and they smell smells and ask them to guess, they're not sure and it's ....Wendy's! One of their favorite places to eat AND yes their daddy is there (bad timing on my part). We all enjoy a meal together and we ask them if it was worth being kidnapped and they're ho hum.

We leave Wendy's and tell them they have to put on the blindfolds....again!!! dun dun dun dun (or however that goes). By the way, Cole guesses within the first few guesses of where we're going, but me knowing Cole tell them right off I will not tell them even if they guess right (ruin my fun.. I don't think so). So they're giddy, restless and such again and we end up at the movies. Not something we do especially new releases. You have lay down some serious dough for that business. But I happened upon some cheapish cereal boxes with movie passes for every two you bought. I cut them out and tucked away the boxes so they wouldn't be suspicious. We went to see the third Narnia movie. It was really good. C.S. Lewis = awesomeness.

And then it was over, although of course we teased them about putting on the blindfolds again. They said they enjoyed being kidnapped. I love to surprise them...so much fun! Have to start working on my next one ;)

Oh and Hannah nanna had a great time at mom's. We certainly would've kidnapped her too, but she's pretty much scared of her own shadow, which is fine, but Narnia and she would not mix. She got her own surprise with starting the morning thinking she was going to school when she didn't want to and ended up going to Grandma's so it was good for her too.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Wow! You such a creative mom!!! I remember my friend's mom always making treasure hunts for us. And I have thought of doing that many times for my kids. . . but I think I've only done that once. Anyway. . . . leave it to Jennifer to do fun things for the kids.