Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You're never going to believe it!

Well, you probably will....
In cub scouts on of the achievement thingees in Duty to God is to tell two way that you can practice your religion and then do them. So Cole and I were driving along somewhere and he decided the two would be fasting and testimony. He didn't get that the testimony went with the fasting (he'd done that before...for one meal). So on Sunday I was talking to him about it and he said nu uh. I said he could testify to our family at home but he needed to bear his testimony as part of the practicing.

So sacrament meeting I'm trying to encourage him, in my mind because I dont' want him to be afraid of it, or as afraid or realize everyone's afraid but that he was strong enough to concur this. So I mentioned he could sit with Brandon on the stand if he went up (only a little twinge of guilt for this). He kept talking about it and I said it was okay to just do it at home, he said he wanted to but there were so many people. I tried to assure him that he didn't have to go up, he wanted to sit with daddy, but evidently Brandon had already told him he couldn't go up, but I said if he bore his testimony we could ratify that, but only under those circumstances. Good stuff for Cole's therapy later.

So Hannah's potty training and I tell Cole that we have to go out to potty and he can think about it and decide after I get back.

That's right folks, I missed my son's first testimony in church. Apparently there was only one person too many in the room. Serves me right.

He really didn't mean to he said he just decided to go (probably cause he didn't have anyone to debate it with) and that the people went fast in front of him. Brandon said he stood beside him with is hand on his shoulder and Cole said the basics, very quickly.

Brandon said the reason he didn't want Cole sitting with him was b/c he was having to raise and lower the podium and was needing to concentrate but he did give him snuggle love time right after he bore his testimony and let him sit with hime for a minute. That's our defense for future therapy.

I just can't believe it all went down that way, can you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed this happened when you left the room and I felt so bad for you that you were missing it! He did great though and I was so proud of him! It is not an easy thing to do at any age. I am sorry you didn't get to see him doing it!..Vicky