Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stuff



On Tuesday Cole received his bob cat award from his den leader Sister Hair. He is loving doing all the scout stuff. He has his mother's competitive nature. When his friend David got two beads he wanted to know how he could get them and has been working hard and I have been working hard to remind and help him, we're a great team ;).
Mom offered to have the kids come spend the night, so Brandon and I went to Cabo's for yummy yummy burritos and then to Sam's to stock up on some food storage and said we'd spend the day today organizing our laundry/food storage room, that looked like a poster child for such rooms. We dowloaded 'Don't Stop Believing' for Rock band and jammed like young people and quickly crached like old people, it was like 11:00, some rockers we are.
Yesterday and today I have awakned at 4:15am and not been able to get back to sleep, this is not like me, so today I tried to stay in bed because I was planning on and was registered to run in a 5k., I really want to know if I've gotten better since going to the gym.
I already had sore throat so I was debating about going. Alas I got up at 5:00 because it wasn't working and I knew I wanted to do more in the laundry room than just organize. So I started and created a huge mess by moving everything around, but realized that I could paint the depressing brown paneling walls during this. So I found my favorite green color in the shed and went to work. And decided with the painting decision I would be running a different race today.
Brandon got up at 8:00 and was oh so pleased to know that I was up to my antics...love you babe. He handled it graciously, helping get a shelf down that's services were no longer needed. He then went about his plans for the day. We did get back together to reorganize our food storage. The laundry room may look weak, but the precious few that saw the before are appreciating the after....organization is my weakest link. Here's a pic of some of the progress.
so we went to Bianca's to have a calzone because riccardo's wasn't open and just for you Tallahasseans, never settle for Bianca's..wait for Riccardo's.
We picked up the kids and being the good parents we are brought them back home, fed, bathed, scriptured and then ....
that's right folks, the Porter kids played rock band!!!!!!!!!!!!! They loved it a little too much, I'm only feeling slightly guilty about that, it was only Eye of the Tiger...rising up.....
So one more family milestone. Two days ago, I told my sister I wasn't going to try to potty train Hannah until after our trip to Idaho. Not two hours later Hannah is asking to wear panties and I thought well if she asking I probably ought to pay attention. She's pretty much worn panties since and had one accident. She went at Cole's school, grandma's. She went by herself with no one telling her to go I just found her looking for toilet paper. Laura is to credit for this I think, she's been working with her. So of course I'm having day dreams about not buying more diapers, this being it, but I keep telling myself...you just wait until she realizes how much power she has here. She insisted on wearing her panties to bed..... I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Yea Hannah! I've no delusions that Kaitlyn will be potty training soon, but she likes to watch the potty being used and likes to say "Bye-bye!" right before you flush. Also, we so learned our lesson about Bianca's earlier in our Tallahassee adventure. I'm shocked that place stays in business. The food is awful.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts and keeping up with your family! Congrats on getting some organizing done. It does feel good when you can do it, doesn't it?...Vicky

Tricia said...

The green looks great!

How's the training going?