Sunday, April 19, 2009

Music to my ears

So I am an odd duck, most times, not too much of a surprise to many. I have this thing with sounds. Random repeated sounds irritate me easily. I think I get this from my dad along with low circulation to the feet. Anyways, an example is hearing someone typing (I thought it was just Brandon's but then my sister was here and it happened then too). There is not rhyme or reason other than repetition; sometimes things bother me and sometimes they don't. Odd.

Cut to a couple of weeks ago when we had some serious lightning hit close to our house. Come to find out our microwave was a casualty to the lightning. So we went without the microwave for a while, cursing occasionally when we went to get a yummy quickly heated. Yesterday we finally replaced the old horse and how excited I was to find out that you can turn the sound off. No more microwave beeping. Something I didn't even realized bothered me I was elated about. The microwave stops and there's just silence. That silence is music to my ears. I think I'll go nuke something now just for the heck of it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

you crack me up jenn.

i hate repeating sounds too...hmm
we're kindred. maybe thats why i like you so much.

or maybe its because you say things like "we finally replaced the old horse"

yeah, thats it

hee hee