Sunday, October 19, 2008

My kids

Two funny stories, not the ones I couldn't remember the previous post, fresh new ones.

Today we spontaneously institued the popcorn/family story time. We eat popcorn, the kids color and we tell family stories from Brandon's life, my life and the kid's lives. Brandon was telling some story about his uncle that involved explaining the flammability of gasoline. Brandon ask "what do we know about gas"...Cole "it's expensive" !!!! Spoken like a true son of Brandon Porter.

Yesterday Laura and I went on a date to Wal-mart for necessities and for her to spend her gift card that she got as a bday present. We get to the checkout and she wants a bag of gummy worms and gummy bears and I explain she only has enough money for one. She quietly puts one in the buggy. She's kind of bouncing around and says excitedly and all surprised, "Mom, I'm not panicking, I'm wanting to panic, but I'm not panicking!" So proud of herself as was I because if it has to do with sugar and Laura not getting it, it can turn into a serious pitch a panic hissy fit. My baby's growing up.

Speaking of babies growing up.... my Hannah slept into a big girl's bed last night. Laura and Hannah share a room, but last night Laura moved her sleeping quarters in with Cole, so Hannah felt this was her chance. So I let her get in there and thought it would last for a few minutes. She stayed in Laura's bed the whole night and rode to church with her Daddy this morning by herself while I took Cole and Laura and today this mommy's girl had very little interest in me. My heart was breaking. I get that it has to happen but does it have to happen so fast? She did go back into her crib today after I gave her a chance to go to sleep in Wawa's (Laura's) bed, so maybe not so fast. sometimes you wish you could stop the clock and other times it can't go gast enough. Parenthood I suppose. I love it.

No comments: