Monday, October 27, 2008

Just jabbering

We were reading scriptures the other night and it's where Alma is saying the desire of his heart is to be a missionary.... So Brandon asked the kids what would be the desire of their heart. Laura said 10,000 toys, Cole said to rule the world so he could have whatever he wanted.

Cole said mom did you know that holding up your middle finger to a person is bad and laura says yea like this and commences to demonstrate. Cole says yes that's called killing the bird or killing the man. And we got in to curse words and how we don't say those things. blah, blah, blah. It was one of those moments ya know. Not your most proud as a parent, but a milestone none the less.

As we were getting ready for school one morning last week, Laura was looking at me seriously and said, Mom, parenting is hard isn't and I just said yes, sometimes it is. She got all whiney and said that's why I don't want to grow up and have babies.....then she said but it is nice to have birthdays!

The kids had their primary program on Sunday. Our performance shy Lauraloo was promised two tickets to spend at "store" for each song she sang and she did a great job. She loved singing Called to Serve. Cole loved performing and is so sweet. You can hear him above all the other kids. He said he wanted to sing more. They were both adorable, Cole said five people told him he did a good job and it was well deserved.

So I have my little Target job and had a little money and saw a little YMCA membership for sale on Craigslist and was about to get it for less than half it's worth. Then the night before I was ready to give the go ahead I went to Stake leadership and was reminded of being thrifty, saving, food storage, blah, blah blah :). And I was reminded that the Bishop challenged the ward council members to have a three month supply by Nov. 1st. Sooooo, we went to Sam's the next day to finish that off (well almost) and let the Y pass us by. I was hoping I would feel better about it. I did feel better about it as we organized, arranged and I know I will feel better about it if/when the time comes to use. Although w/o the Y I'll have so much fat stored it won't matter for me specifically but the kids and Brandon do need to eat. I know it's all worth, just having a moment .I am thankful to know I am thankful to be blessed to have had the money, I am thankful to have kicked my rear and choose the right:).

No comments: