Monday, September 22, 2008

Pleased as punch

the kind with gingerale in it. So a couple of months ago I emailed a group of gals asking them to join me in the women's distance 5k. I did this last year on a whim having never ran more than a mile and that was in high school with an Army Colonel on my heels to make sure I ran it. So if I hadn't sent the emai l I don't think I would have even participated. I hadn't trained nearly as much as last year even I am probably in better shape....no laughing...thanks to MJs aerobics classes and good ole byutv aerobics. And if MJ and MA hadn't been going I still probably wouldn't have done it. So I ended up going and I ran for over a mile and a half w/o stopping. For me this is HUGE! I couldn't believe it. I beat my time from last year by 5+ minutes. I was elated, even thought I finished behind the speed walker, she was walking pretty darn fast!

The interesting aspect of this is that twice this past week I was reminded of this...
"and their boastings in their own strength, they were left in their own strength; therefore they did not prosper", (Hel 4:13). Leading up to the race I was like okay I know I can finish it no big deal, but the night before I got nervous. Could I finish it? I wasn't sure I could w/o help. All that night and the next morning I kept praying and repeating to myself you can do all things through Christ, do not rely on my own strength. As I ran that first mile and half, it could of been adrenaline, which I contributed it to at first. I choose to believe it was something more divine. As I've had to give it some thought I recall feeling like I was barely putting forth effort. Any of my neighbors who have pitied me as I trained would attest there was some serious effort before I reached a 1/4 mile. I know that my prayers were answered over something seemingly insignificant to the world, but to a Father worthy of His effort to help His daughter. I am blessed and pleased at punch!

Congrats MJ and Mary Ann I'm certain you guys were helped as well :)

1 comment: