Laura's started kindergarten and is really good at school and let's it all out while at home. She loves packing lunch, the playground and being picked up through the drive thru :).
Cole's in 2nd grade, big boy. He wasn't excited about school, but the first day he spent fifteen minutes, literally, telling the first part of the box car kids. He's given us a summary everyday. The teacher has a store wherein the kids can earn "money" and buy or save when the store is open on Fridays. The child is in heaven. If only he were in class with his kindergarten crush I wouldn't know what to do with him so probably best that's not the case. He thought he was going to hate the back playground and he loves it. I'm so glad. The mornings are already a challenge, shoes crisis, breakfast crisis, snack crisis - but we're not off to a horrible start.
I do miss the kids but have enjoyed time with Hannah. I also enjoy lunches alone while Hannah naps. I know there will come a day where I will have too much time on my hands, alas the break is nice. Like I tell my kids there are advantages and disadvantages to everything. I usually say that when Hannah's giving them trouble.
I have found teaching my kids has taught that good one and another I really like is when someone has hit someone for someone saying something mean..I tell them
You can't choose what somene does to you, but you can always choose how you react to it, you can only control yourself. Why is this so hard to remember as adults? We're only human I suppose. Ah....life!
No comments:
Post a Comment