Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Laura

So Laura story, she started dance today and was so excited. Her teacher is an old friend of mine from the student ward, way back when. So I hadn't told Laura much about her and we were getting her dressed in the changing room and I said that her teacher was a member of our church, but went to the other building across town. She looked at me all concerned.."Do they believe in Jesus?" I said yes...she immediately replied "well that's good they believe in Jesus Christ" .... this sunk in for a minute as she rambled on and then she put her hand to her mouth and gasped "Does everyone in the city believe in Jesus?" I explained, no, probably not but Miss Raquelle believed the same things we did. I think she was truly comforted by this. So sweet... I was reading a memorial blog recently where a mother said about her deceased daughter something that reminded me so much of Laura I saved it.....

there were times in life when she was like a gale force hurricane wind ripping through your life and other times when she was a gentle delicate breeze on your cheek

....that's my Laura.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, I want to save that quote too. That's Sadie to a T! Thanks for sharing that.