Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Snafoos

We started out the first couple days of summer on a fantastic note. The kids started swimming lessons which they loved. We went to the library. Cole finally started the getting lost in books thing. He read two books in one day, one of them a 3rd grade level book. We ended the first two days so happy. On Wednesday we're headed to swimming leasons and Cole is complaining of his eyes hurting which he had been a little since Sunday and it would hurt for a little bit and then go away. Well this time it wasn't going away. We rerouted to the closest Patient's First and he was distraught for a good 1/2 hour and then is subsided. His eyes were super red though. So the nurse practitioner said it was probably from the chlorine in the pool, but possibly pink eye as well aggravated by the chlorine. While in the waiting room Cole made a complaint about a tooth and I looked in his mouth and low and behold there's a tooth coming in behind his baby teeth, which are not budging. This was not the tooth that was hurting but I was concerned so Brandon called the dentist for us (cause it was craziness with Laura and Hannah in the waiting room where we were) and made an appt. to see them right after Patient's first. LIz took Laura to the park for play group with her, thank goodness. I chased Hannah all over the dentist's office. They say that Cole's teeth have to be pulled, they're not coming out on their own (at least the bottom two). They just refereed us out to some dental surgery dude.

So we have the eye drops and Cole's freaking out. Every occurrence is not fun putting those puppies into his eyes.

Moving along, today I was trying to put drops in Cole's eyes :( and Laura is helping with breakfast, pulling the waffles out of the toaster oven (I should've known better than to step out of cereal world) and she burns her finger. She's never done or tried this before but she's pretty capable, except this time and she's screaming, Cole's screaming b/c of the eye drops and Hannah's screaming just to chime in. We settle down from all that, go to swimming lessons and I decide everyone needs haircuts...not the greatest of decisions here are the results

he wanted spikey hair, the cutie


she was the inspiration for the cuts, to me you could do anything with her hair and she'd be just fine, the model
told the lady I wanted just what she had just given to her previous customer, mine turned out to be a couple inches shorter than what I recalled seeing in her chair before, the enabler
our sweet Hannah, the kids now call Han cause she needed a boy name to go with her cut, the victim
I love it, but I realize I am her mother, like with mine I'm looking forward to it growing out some
Even with all the snafoos, we're doing pretty good so far. I love my kids and love having them home, with the exception of a few moments. I am blessed!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

I can relate to the chaos of it all. Sometimes it all just happens at once! (and then mommy needs a time out...) I love the haircut pics and your funny descriptions. I am too cheap to take my kids somewhere to get their hair cut, so our cuts look pretty bad (because I play hairdresser and I don't know what I'm doing) At least then I don't feel upset when I PAY and they don't turn out the way I want. I think all of you look great! Now if I could just figure out how to get my hair cut for free I'd be made in the shade...

Jennifer said...

I typically cut Cole's and have trimmed Laura's and my own in the past and even gave Hannah bangs a few months ago so I now what you're talking about. For some reason I got the wild idea to go for it this time...??? I'm liking the cuts more and more though, might as well :).

Jodi said...

I love to hear that other mother's are having similar experiences. Anyway, the girls' pediatrician gave me the best advice about eye drops and it works like a charm. Have the child lay on the couch and place their head in your lap. Then have them close their eyes. With their eyes closed you put the number of drops in the corner of their eyes by their nose. As soon as they open their eyes the drops just slips in. I make the girls blink a couple of times (while I hold their heads still) and they are good to go. P.S.--This works for husbands too!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Jodi, it worked!