Saturday, May 31, 2008

School's out, I'm braggin'

the kids had a good school year, Cole loved his teacher and Laura learned to love hers (not that there was anything wrong with Laura's, it just takes her a while to warm up to people). And their teacher's loved them. We went to Laura's graduation today and it went well. Laura didn't participate much when they sang, again the warming up thing, but she looked cute as a button. Below are pics of the teacher's comments section from Cole's report card, because, well I was darn proud of him. We didn't pay the teacher anything extra that I'm aware of. On the 2nd six weeks comments I was tearing up when I read those, such a sap. Cole is a wonderful child, he tries hard to please and is hilarious the other day in his prayer he was thankful for people who invented things. And yesterday we went to get ice cream at Bruster's Ice cream(gotta try their birthday cake flavor...mmm) and Cole said that's a good name for a boy, when I have a wife and it's time for her to have a baby I'm going to ask that we name the baby Bruster. I think I'll make a list of names...Bruster and Todd...that was it. He was very serious about this too. Funny guy even when he's not trying to be.

Well I got an extra blog inside this one with those stories. On the to the big report card....

Cole's report card 1

Cole's report card 2


Laura couldn't have had a better teacher for her first year out there in school world. It took a while but she and Ms. Cissy were so good to her that she got to the point that she would come in and give them big hugs in the morning. She and Ms. Marian are pictured below at graduation (after the blue iced cupcake).


Cole wants to be homeschooled for 2nd grade so after swimming lessons and a week off of anything pressing we start summer home school for a test run. Pray for us!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Such cuties.
I might have to steal that name, Bruster. :)