Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hannahisms: edited to make more sense




I swear, four years old is definitely one of the funnest ages. There are no inhibitions and the cutest things come out of their mouths..Here's some of Hannah's recents....

she calls a statue a statua...Brandon explains the difference between spatula and statue, she could care less.

and her prayers are priceless, here are a couple
"please let Heavenly Father care about things that are funny and laugh at things that are funny and not things that are sad and bad". :)

"please help those people that don't have houses and help us to give our house to them and then we can get a house with stairs"
she was in our bed the other morning after a particularly cranky day for her and we sent her to bed early (read I layed down with her to make sure she was alseep before 8), when I woke her up she yawned and said "see mom I yawned, that means I need more sleep so I'm not cranky"
the day before this same particular morning..it was a school night and the kids asked Brandon if they could sleep outside and of course he said no..

so a few minutes after Hannah's cranky comment..she very seriously said. "Mom when daddy is your child and he's in your tummy and you're in charge, you let us sleep outside and there will be no more school days". I'm sure it was funnier coming from her, but not something I wanted to forget.

She calls McDonald's, Old McDonald's...she tries to remember the right thing, but always falls back on this. For the past few weeks she's been begging to go to Old McDonald's and I kept putting her off and last Friday they were going to my mom's so we got McDonald's before they headed out. Today we went to Sonic's happy hour and she's sipping her watermelon slushy and she says "Mommy, thank you for getting me Old McDonald's. It was SUPER sweet.

She calls me mama more often than anything else and it's kind of weird b/c I don't recall either of the other kids calling me that this late in the game. It's sweet and so Hannah.
She likes to look at books and very loudly tell the story as she sees it. It's really cute to watch.

I'm sure there are a million others and I'll try to keep better track of them. I watch her and see the "fourness" slipping away and it's pretty sad. I'd sure like to just bottle it up along an 8 and 10 year old I know. Parenting....hard, wonderful stuff.

2 comments:

freya said...

i love hannah! these are sooo cute! i just realized she's the same age as my niece too, who sounds a lot like many of those.

Tricia said...

My Hannah. So cute.