* be sure to catch Laura's bday blog post below this one :)* - that couldn't wait and neither could this....
A few weeks ago the discussion in Sunday School was Joseph Smith/Book of Mormon and how you gained a testimony. I read the Book of Mormon before I joined the church and was logically converted by Joseph's story. I even had a blog entry in my head to the tune of- why would a boy of 14 'claim' to have seen Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to be ridiculed, why would a young man bring forth false scripture to be tarred and feathered and why would a husband and father fight for a fraud, ultimately give his life and never waiver...never.
Makes sense right? But I knew I couldn't give it justice so I let it be. That same week I chatted with a friend from high school who is very involved with their religion question me about Joseph Smith and for the first time in a long time I had a chance to defend the Prophet/Book of Mormon and it strenthened my testimony.
Today, during General Conference an apostle of the Lord, Elder Holland did it justice...here it is if you missed it...
http://www.lds.org/move/index.html?type=conference&event=Oct179&lang=english
1 comment:
when I saw the title of your blog post on my sidebar on my blog, I just knew what your post was going to be about...that was an amazing testimony he bore
Post a Comment