Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time goes by

Tomorrow marks 11 years since Brandon and I tied the knot.
I still remember - ya know cause we're so old :),
the first time we really spoke to each other - those blue eyes
the first time he brought me flowers - beautiful tulips
the first time we kissed - a typical us story
the first time he told me he loved me - took my breath away
the time we almost broke it off - not fun
getting back on track - ahhhh

Nothing like the firsts right?
While they were wonderful, they are long gone. Replaced by days, weeks, months of being married. The ups, the downs, the in betweens.

It's much more than I could've hoped for.

I love the fact that we have built a life together. How comfortable I am with him. That we helped create the most fascinating, beautiful people I know. That he leaves and comes home everyday with a kiss.


So those butterfly firsts have come and gone
but I still get
those blue eyes, the beautiful tulips (sometimes :) ), always a typical us story, my breath taken away, the not fun and then always the ahhhh.

He is the best, I couldn't have asked for more. I love that I am so in love and feel loved in return.
Happy Anniversary Sweetie!

1 comment:

Janet said...

You guys are a great couple - I love it! Happy anniversary and happy birthday to Hannah!