Sunday, June 21, 2009

D Day

I enjoy Father's day, for the most part. I like boys/men, ya know in general - one in particular more than the rest. I am not a fan of male bashing. I suppose some of them deserve it, but I believe they're just trying to get along like us gals. Everyone's got their pros and cons and the fact is we couldn't get along without them.

I have a variety of "dads" in my life...

my father who instilled in me the importance of education, being fit and strong and a certain amount of discipline.

Daddy G., father #2, who helped raise me and set such a great example of being a kind husband, father and that men could/should help around the house and with the kids.

Frank, my stepfather, who is an excellent grandaddy, with so much energy and thirst for knowledge and one best of alls was he so generously was my pathway to the Big Apple, twice...a dream fulfilled.

Rhoud, father n law, one of the hardest working people I know. Was such a good father to Brandon that it seeps out of him.

Brandon, father of my babies, I couldn't have asked for a better dad to help me raise my children. The kids adore him. He is an excellent teacher and I am amazed and fall in love all over gain when I watch him with them.

Cole, the father to be I am raising, I don't often give this much consideration, but he has a gentle heart and is so incredibly smart, I know he will be a great dad like his own.

My Father in Heaven, I know that He lives. I know that He loves me. I have had experiences in my life in which His hand was undeniable. He. Is. There.

Cole gave Brandon a drawing for father's day that is a picture of him getting married in the temple. What a gift to give. I've thought of this throughout the day. How as a parent to want the peace the blessings of the temple bring and felt maybe a little of the hopes Heavenly Father has for us and what a gift it would be for me to continue to set my focus on the temple,attend often, and do what I can to help Cole fulfill his gift to his dad.

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I knew you wouldn't let a special event go by without putting thought into it. So I had to come and get inspired by you. Love you!

Janet said...

Perfect post. :)