
she's a pretty tough cookie, give her a job to do and if she's interested in getting it done, it will get done, no matter the obstacle. She gives me a run for my money at least once a day. She knows what she wants.
She's not much of a people person. For the most part she'd be happy in a room by herself.
She has a tender heart. Ever since she was way little she would pay attention to the expression on people's face in books we would read and ask if they were sad, or point out the emotion and then ask why, with real concern. If her siblings are having a hard time (and she isn't having a hard time herself) she tries to help them out somehow.
Today she and I were headed to Walmart and I saw ahead of us a hitchhiker at the on ramp of I-10 and we had a red light. I could tell she was going to ask.
Is he waiting for the bus?
No. (then I tried to give the six yr old version of what he was doing)
He doesn't have a car?
He doesn't have a place to live?
I said most likely not.
What does he do if it rains (cause it was about to)
Get wet.
After some thought
well I hope he has an umbrella and some food
It may be hard to get it through just reading about it, but the concern and thoughtfulness in her voice were heavenly.
I am so amazed by her. I think I've put on here before a quote I found, from a mother describing her daughter, who had passed away. It perfectly describes her for me.....so here it is again......
" she was like a gale force hurricane wind ripping through your life and other times she was a gentle delicate breeze on your cheek"
I hope I am showing her how much I admire, adore and appreciate who she is. She has a strong will, and independent spirit, a decisive mind and she has a tender heart.
3 comments:
What a sweet girl. Isn't it funny the way they're sent to us with such distinct little personality traits? That's one thing I love about being a mom...observing them and trying my best to help nurture each of those positive traits and watching them develop!
that was a really sweet post, Jenn. I know one day she will so appreciate your taking the time to notice all the beautiful things about her mind and spirit, especially on days when she'll need to be reminded of how lovely she is. And she will also appreciate your taking the time to write down what it is you love about her.
So sweet of you to write about your precious daughter. I really think Jess and Laura are kindred spirits in the way they react to life. I love that quote you shared again.
Post a Comment